The complete Biological data Exploration bundle, including three ebooks and a collection of four detailed dataset walkthrough videos.
- Python for Biologists: an introduction to biological Python programming for complete beginners
- Advanced Python for Biologists: A deeper look at data structures, object-oriented and functional programming tools, and error handling, to allow you to write more sophisticated Python programs
- Biological data exploration with Python, pandas and seaborn: Clean, filter, reshape and visualize complex biological datasets using the scientific Python stack.
each with exercise files and example code.
This package includes in-depth video walkthroughs for four different datasets:
- A large variant call format (VCF) file taken from the 1000 genomes project
- RNASeq gene expression data taken from the Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO)
- A geographical biodiversity dataset taken from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility
- Data from an animal behaviour experiment taken from a recent paper
along with Jupyter notebooks containing all the final code, which you can use to rerun the analyses or tweak for your own projects.